MATTHEW T. COYNE, CPA
Dear Tax Client,
We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. We hope 2021 will be better for us all.
As you know by now, my daughter, Beth O’Sullivan, has been working with me fulltime for 7 years now. She has continued to take on more responsibility each year. Having received her Record of Completion for the 2021 Annual Filing Season Program, is now available to take client appointments and prepare returns.
Our annual Tax Preparation Checklist can be found on the Client Checklist Tab. We ask that you utilize this checklist as a reminder of important documents required to file taxes that are sometimes overlooked. As you receive your 2020 tax documents, please collect and keep them with your checklist.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS:
1. PREFERRED CONTACT NUMBER(S) AND E-MAIL ADDRESS(ES)
2. CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION INCLUDING ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS
3. COPY OF FRONT AND BACK OF DRIVER’S LICENSE(S) FOR ALL TAXPAYERS
a. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE OR STATE ID, PLEASE MAKE A NOTE IN YOUR DOCUMENTS.
When you have all your tax information, please get it to us as soon as possible using one of the following methods:
• DROP IT OFF – At your convenience. There is a mail slot in the office door. Please make sure your documents are secured together, ideally in an envelope.
• UPLOAD ELECTRONICALLY (RECOMMENDED) – We are transitioning away from the use of Sharefile and implementing SmartVault. Please keep an eye out for an activation e-mail. Please note, Sharefile has been a great service but we have decided to transition to SmartVault as it integrates with our tax program in a more seamless manner. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we make this transition benefiting us all.
• MAIL – Any tax documents mailed to us must be postmarked by Friday, March 19, 2021, so that we have enough time to process everything by the filing date of Thursday, April 15, 2021.
If you feel it is necessary to set up an appointment, please call the office between 9am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday and 9am – 2pm Saturday at 845.429.4383 or 845.429.4397. We will be offering in person appointments as time and restrictions allow as well as Zoom appointments.
We ELECTRONICALLY FILE Federal and ALL State Tax Returns which requires us to have SIGNED E-File Authorization forms returned to us before filing. We will continue to provide an option through our new SmartVault system for electronic signatures.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. As always, contact us if you have any questions.
Matthew T. Coyne, CPA