MATTHEW T. COYNE, CPA
Dear Tax Client,
As we enter 2022, we hope this letter finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. My daughter, Beth, and I look forward to assisting you with your tax preparation in the coming months.
Our annual Tax Preparation Checklist can be found on the reverse side of this letter as well as on our website, www.matthewtcoynecpa.com. We ask that you utilize this checklist as a reminder of important documents required to file taxes that are sometimes overlooked. As you receive your 2021 tax documents, please keep them with your checklist.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING WITH YOUR TAX DOCUMENTS:
1. PREFERRED CONTACT NUMBER(S) AND E-MAIL ADDRESS(ES)
2. CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION INCLUDING ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS
3. COPY OF FRONT AND BACK OF DRIVER’S LICENSE(S) FOR ALL TAXPAYERS
a. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LICENSE OR STATE ID, PLEASE MAKE A NOTE IN YOUR DOCUMENTS.
When you have all your tax information, please get it to us as soon as possible using one of the following methods:
• UPLOAD ELECTRONICALLY (RECOMMENDED) – We will continue to utilize the SmartVault platform. If you used it in the past, log in to www.my.smartvault.com and upload your documents in the respective tax year’s folders. If you are new or haven’t logged in, please let us know so we can send you an invitation to activate your portal.
• DROP IT OFF – At your convenience. There is a mail slot in the office door. Please make sure your documents are secured together, ideally in an envelope – with your name, best contact number and email address.
• MAIL – Any tax documents mailed to us must be postmarked by Friday, March 18, 2022, so that we have enough time to process everything by the filing date of Monday, April 18, 2022.
If it is necessary to set up an appointment, please call the office between 9am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday and 9am – 2pm Saturday at 845.429.4383 or 845.429.4397. We offer in person as well as virtual appointments via Zoom.
**If possible, we ask that clients provide as much of their tax information prior to the appointment using one of the above methods, allowing advance scanning and inputting, making your meeting more efficient.**
We ELECTRONICALLY FILE Federal and ALL State Tax Returns which requires us to have SIGNED E-File Authorization Forms returned to us before filing. We provide an option through SmartVault for electronic signatures.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. As always, contact us if you have any questions.
Matthew T. Coyne, CPA